Hansol Paper becomes a leading global paper manufacturer beyond Korea.
Becoming a leading global paper manufacturer
- 2020 . 01Won prize for Korea’s Most Admired Company for 18 years from KMAC
- 2018 . 09Shintanjin Mill facilities expanded (increasing the thermal paper production capacity)
- 2018 . 05Launching INSPER, the graphic paper brand
- 2015 . 08Acquired R+S, Europe’s second largest thermal paper convertor and distributor
- 2014 . 09Acquired Telrol, the largest thermal label convertor and distributor
- 2013 . 09Acquired Shades, Europe’s largest thermal paper convertor and distributor
- 2011 . 02Acquired Daehan Papertech
2000 ~ 2009
Adoption of new management system
- 2009 . 07Won prize for excellent labor-management culture from the Ministry of Employment and Labor(corporate-wide)
- 2007 . 09Acquired Seoul Paper Distributor
- 2007 . 04Acquired Forest Stewardship Council certification
- 2008 . 09Acquired specialty paper business from Hansol Patech
- 2002 . 01Dong-gil Cho inaugurated as Chairman
1990 ~ 1999
Laying of business foundations
- 1999 . 07Acquired South China Paper (Hong Kong)
- 1994 . 01Declared New Hansol Philosophy
- 1992 . 05Opened Janghang Mill
- 1992 . 01Changed the company name to Hansol Paper Co., Ltd.
- 1991 . 11Declared independent management separate from Samsung Group
1965 ~ 1989
Foundation and expansion
- 1987 . 01First Korean company to develop thermal paper
- 1981 . 08First domestic paper manufacturer to exceed 1 million tons in paper production
- 1979 . 12Established the first paper R&D institute in Korea
- 1965 . 01Samsung acquired Saehan Paper Co., Ltd.
- 1965 . 01Established Saehan Paper Co., Ltd.